Superior Farms raises grass-fed American lamb and publishes a host of interesting recipes on their website. We asked Superior Farms to put together an on-the-fly Fall dinner incorporating some of the latest food trends and they even included the recipes below! Bon Appetit!
Fall is the coziest season of the year with the days getting shorter and leaves falling on windy days. And, with Thanksgiving right around the corner, everyone is busy filling their menus with delicious, hearty food comprising old favorites and new recipes.
If you’re struggling to create a menu that’s delicious, healthy, and a crowd pleaser, Superior Farms has some ideas for you. Here, we’ll outline three trending dishes you’ll want to make this fall season.
Pumpkin Spiced Muffins
These delicious muffins will guarantee your guests get their fix pumpkin spice this season. If you’re not going to bake a pumpkin pie, this is the next best thing. They are easy-to-bake and can be used as a breakfast side, after school snack, or as a sumptuous dinner alternative to plain old bread.
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp pumpkin spice
- ½ cup caster sugar
- ¼ cup soft light brown sugar
- ¾ cup pumpkin purée
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup salted butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Line your muffin tray with cupcake sheets.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the flour, sugars, baking powder and pumpkin spice.
- In another mixing bowl, add the purée and eggs. Whisk them together.
- Once mixed, pour it into the dry mixture along with the melted butter. Mix all ingredients together well and transfer into the tray.
- Bake for 15 minutes until the top of the muffin rises and turns golden.
- Remove from hot oven and set it aside to cool down.
Grilled Lamb Chops
If you want to try something different from turkey this Thanksgiving, here is a great, basic recipe for lamb chops you can’t mess up. The cut and quality of the lamb is going to be the make-or-break of this meal, so take your time and look for the best American lamb you can find, says Superior Farms.
Lamb chops marinade:
- 1 pound lamb chops with bone
- 1-2 cloves of garlic chopped
- ½ tsp lemon
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp oregano
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 bunches flat-leaf parsley chopped (no stems)
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil
To make the chimichurri, finely chop the parsley and garlic. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and set aside. Use half the mixture for the lamb and the remaining as a dip with pita bread or veggies.
- In a large bowl, add the lamb chops and marinade. Mix and let it rest for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to high heat. Place the chops on the grill for 5 minutes or until it gets grill lines and a crispy crust.
- Flip and cook the same way. Remove from the grill and check the internal temperature of the chops, it should be 300°.
- Cover the chops in chimichurri and keep them aside for 5 minutes before serving.
Jalapeño Mac and Cheese
Macaroni and cheese is a classic dish that is suited for any occasion and never fails to hit the spot. This fall season, get creative with your mac and cheese. Who knows? It might even become the new family favorite!
- 3 cups cheddar cheese
- 4 cups pepper jack cheese
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cups butter
- 5 cups whole milk
- ⅓ cup flour
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 pound macaroni
- 2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 pound bacon (cooked and chopped)
- Jalapeño (8 or more finely chopped)
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- On a large saucepan over medium heat, melt half the butter. Once the butter has melted, add flour to the butter whisking continuously till it has been absorbed.
- Add the milk one cup at a time, whisking slowly to avoid lumps.
- Once the sauce has thickened, add the cheese keeping 1 cup aside for later.
- Add salt, pepper and garlic powder, adjust seasoning if required, and mix together.
- Add the bacon and jalapeños, keeping aside 2 tsp of each for later. Then, remove the pan from the heat.
- On the side, cook the pasta in a large pot as per instructions on the packaging, while preparing the sauce.
- In a baking dish, transfer the cooked pasta and the sauce and combine till fully coated.
- In a small pan, heat the remaining butter and toss the bread crumbs in it until fully coated. Remove from the heat.
- Top the baking dish with the buttered bread crumbs and the remaining cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 30-40 min till nice and golden on the top.
- Remove from the oven and top with the remaining bacon and jalapeño and serve hot!
Food for the Soul
Fall marks the onset of colder and longer nights. Cooking delicious comfort foods with a modern twist can help spice up the work week and will have your family asking for more. Superior Farms also notes that new recipes give you an excuse to host dinner parties and set the stage for creating new seasonal memories!