Cape May County announced Sunday its single-biggest day for positive COVID-19 cases with five new cases, bringing the total in the county to 15, according to a press release.
The latest update in New Jersey brings the total to 13,386 total COVID-19 cases and 161 deaths.
The new cases in Cape May County include a 12-year-old girl, a 21-year-old man, a 56-year-old woman, a 63-year-old man, and a 78-year-old man.
“The health of our residents is our number one priority. Cape May County Department of Health continues to be diligent by working closely with public health partners to monitor the current situation and spread of the COVID-19,” said Health Officer Kevin Thomas. “We urge our residents to continue social distancing and taking all standard precautions such as washing your hands and frequently cleaning touched surfaces.”
Here is a list of COVID-19 cases by the municipalities.
CAPE MAY CITY 2
CAPE MAY POINT 0
DENNIS TOWNSHIP 0
LOWER TOWNSHIP 4
MIDDLE TOWNSHIP 3
NORTH WILDWOOD 1
OCEAN CITY 1
SEA ISLE CITY 1
STONE HARBOR 0
UPPER TOWNSHIP 1
WEST CAPE MAY 0
WEST WILDWOOD 0
WILDWOOD CREST 0
Residents should continue to take simple steps to reduce the spread of COVID-19:
- Wash hands with liquid soap and water, and rubbing for at least 20 seconds, or using alcohol-based sanitizer if soap and water are not available
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when coughing or sneezing
- Stay home if you are sick
- Regularly clean high-touch surfaces
- When you must go out for essential items practice social distancing, minimize your time out and wash your hands as soon as possible afterwards
Stay up to date on the current situation as it evolves. Some reliable sources are New Jersey Poison Information and Education System hotline at 211 or 1-800-962-1253, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention at www.cdc.gov, the World Health Organization at www.who.int and the New Jersey Department of Health at COVID19.nj.gov.
For additional information visit Cape May County Department of Health at www.cmchealth.net, also like us on Facebook.