Due to the coronavirus, the April 14 City Council meeting was held without audience members present in Council Chambers. However, members of the public were able to remotely phone in and voice their opinions during the “public comment” portions of the meeting.
At the start of the meeting, Mayor Leonard Desiderio gave a brief overview of the restrictions and closures that are currently in place due to COVID-19. The mayor also stressed the importance of adhering to all directives from the Governor, and he reminded everyone to stay home and to avoid contact with others. City Council echoes the mayor’s comments and encourages everyone to follow all safety directives related to this pandemic.
Also on April 14, City Council adopted Ordinance 1651, which authorized the use of capital surplus for the purchase of various items.
Each of the resolutions on the April 14 Consent Agenda was approved, including:
- Resolution 057, which authorized contracts for summer recreation programs.
- Resolution 058, which authorized a shared services agreement between Sea Isle City, Avalon and Stone Harbor for the utilization of Comcast’s local access channel (Channel 97).
- Resolution 059, which authorized the dates for Sea Isle City’s 2020 fireworks displays (July 4 and December 31).
- Resolution 061, which authorized the purchase of two vehicles for the Department of Public Works (a Ford F-150 for $35,788 and a Ford Super Duty F-550 for $51,241).
- Resolution 062, which authorized the lease of coin-operated binocular viewing machines as part of a co-operative pricing agreement with the City of Ocean City.
The next City Council meeting will take place at 10 a.m. on Tuesday, April 28. In the meantime, Council reminds everyone to please stay safe.
Best Regards from the Members of City Council,
Council President J.B. Feeley (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Frank Edwardi (email@example.com)
Jack Gibson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Bill Kehner (email@example.com)
Mary Tighe (firstname.lastname@example.org)