During the July 25 City Council meeting, two ordinances had second reading and public hearing – and both were adopted…
- Ordinance 1610 was written to adopt the Sea Isle City Flood Plain Management Plan, which was developed in 2017. Because of this plan, we anticipate that qualifying property owners will be able to enjoy a 30% reduction in flood insurance premiums beginning next year.
- Ordinance 1611 is a bond ordinance for $1,125,000, which will fund water/sewer utility improvements along numerous streets in Sea Isle City. This bond ordinance also funds design work for other projects that will be described in future Project Updates.
All of the Resolutions on the July 25 Consent Agenda were approved, including…
- Resolution 127, which authorized a Shared Services Agreement with the Borough of Avalon to provide back-up construction and building inspection services.
- Resolution 128, which called for the New Jersey Turnpike Authority to construct a four-way interchange at Mile Marker/Exit 17 on the Garden State Parkway that would provide easier access for Sea Isle City motorists as they travel on and off the Parkway.
- Resolution 129, which was written to urge the New Jersey State Legislature to extend the 2% cap on police and fire arbitration contract awards, thus helping control tax increases.
- Resolution 138, which authorized a Shared Services Agreement with the City of Ocean City for construction official services.
During the Citizen Comment portion of the July 25City Council meeting, a lengthy discussion took place regarding flooding throughout our town. The City Administration and the City Engineer are currently in the process of conducting a study focusing on flooding in Sea Isle City; and the ultimate goal of that study is to formulate a plan that will control flooding.
Our next City Council meeting will take place on Tuesday, August 15, at 10:00 a.m. in Council Chambers. We hope to see you there!
Council President Mary Tighe (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Frank Edwardi (email@example.com)
J.B. Feeley (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Jack Gibson (email@example.com)
Bill Kehner (firstname.lastname@example.org)